Wednesday, March 04, 2009

2 minutes

Perusing the Internet can waste a lot of time and can yield few results--or it can cause me to find this computer-generated reenactment of the US Airways plane that crash-landed in the Hudson River last month.



Basically, this pilot took everything he ever learned, all his thousands of hours of flight training, his years of experience and PERFECTLY EXECUTED this landing, without losing any cool (or lives), in less than 2 minutes.

I believe that humans (and men in particular) dream about this day of perfect execution. We dream about the perfect moment of trial, adversity, and certain doom--and rising above it. Perfectly.

Don't shrink back. Be someone who steps up to the plate.

38But my righteous one will live by faith. 
   And if he shrinks back, 
      I will not be pleased with him.39But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who believe and are saved.

(Hebrews 10:38-39, NIV)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:03 AM

    fyi this man human being and is proud agnoetic "no god wasn't with me in the cockpit that type of thinking is abstract and that would cause distractions that we ahve no use or time for in this situation me my copiolit and my training and years of experience landed that plane not some devine intervention" quote from an interview with the congressional over sight committe on public safety see cspan feb09 and the men in particular comment is so maonagistic i hope you have no women in your life if so listen to the do not assume you know them

    ReplyDelete